Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Tommy!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tom celebrated his first birthday with Lily today ... well not HIS first birthday but the first one since Lily was born .... okay, it's late, you get what I mean! You'll have to ask Tom what birthday it REALLY was, I don't know if I should reveal the secret (hint: look at the cake picture below).
Mommy and Lily spent the day running around town getting cake ingredients, some decorations, wrapping paper and, of course, the gift.

Being that I am completely inept at anything requiring the smallest amount of creativity or artistic talent, I decided to attempt to make a "camera cake". After completely destroying the kitchen and being up to my elbows in cake, frosting, food coloring, fondant, icing - and trying to entertain Miss Lily at the same time - the final product SLIGHTLY resembled a camera. I made the camera out of one cake (cut it up into several pieces and "glued" it together in the shape of a camera and lens using frosting and covering it with black-tinted fondant) and then put the camera on a separate round cake with white whipped frosting and red icing around the edge. It wasn't as pretty as I had hoped, but hey, at least it didn't completely collapse and looks a teeny bit like a camera...maybe??? Okay, not really - it looks like a big black blob on a white cake. It still tasted good!


After the cake, it was gift time. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new rock star in the making ... or should I say a "Guitar Hero" in the making. Lily and I decided to do something a little crazy and bought Guitar Hero III for the Wii. Lily was just as interested in the new toy as Daddy was. Somehow I think she will master the art of Guitar Hero before we do!


WOW - Mom, have you SEEN this?!? It ROCKS!!!

Lily is already learning the art of playing the guitar with her mouth - rocker chick!!


No comments: